Natural alginate powder for bodycasting
- Reduced dust formation and long processing times
- Fast solidification time
- Good resistance and flexibility of the mold
- Perfect reproduction of details
- Smooth model surface
- Natural and totally non-toxic, it is particularly suitable for bodycasting
Alginate is a powder that mixed with water hardens at room temperature. It is totally non-toxic, odorless and can be cleaned with water. It adheres and replicates the model perfectly, but does not stick to any surface, it does not require specific release agents. It can be applied to the human body without any contraindications.
It is the ideal choice for those who want to approach the world of molds and do not need specific equipment and machinery.
- With 2: 1 ratio (water/powder) it has a working time of about 4-5 min
- With 3: 1 ratio (water/powder) it has a working time of about 6-7 min (without compromising strength and elasticity)
Thanks its characteristics, the product is particularly suitable for creating molds for small series, and in general in the sectors of bodycasting, duplication and rapid prototyping.
Before using the Veltman alginate, shake the bag in which it is contained, to pulverize the product as much as possible.
Then add the Veltman alginate to the prepared water and mix vigorously with a spatula for about 1 min. avoiding the formation of lumps and bubbles.
The mold can then be done immediately.
The setting time depends on the temperature of the water used: it is greater if cold water is used, less if hot water is used.