VV022-EMPTY GLASS SPHERES
Special empty glass spheres for gypsum
- Reduces the weight of products based on gypsum, cement and various compounds
- Lower viscosity increase with the same volume of additives
- Rapid dispersion in castable compounds such as gypsum or cements
- Low alkalinity and non-combustible
- Non-porous and water resistant
- High strength / weight ratio with low probability of breakage in the various processes
VV-022 EMPTY GLASS SPHERES for mixing with Veltman synthetic gypsum, cement and other materials where it is necessary to obtain a final lightweight material with high technical-mechanical resistance. Made of soda-lime borosilicate glass, the Veltman VV-022 glass spheres have a very high strength-density ratio that guarantees them effective resistance to breaking and fragmentation during the various stages of processing, both at the artisan level and in industrial processes.
- Shape: Spherical
- Color: Matt White
- Material: Soda-lime borosilicate glass
- Density: 0.20 g/cm3
- Crushing load: 34 Bar / 3.4 Mpa / 500 psi
- Crush load survival: 90%
- Maximum diameter: 120 μm
The VV-022 empty glass spheres are mainly used in combination with special Veltman gypsum to considerably reduce the final weight of the product while maintaining very high technical-mechanical strengths. Thanks to his structure and density, they can be used in multiple stages of processing, both artisanal and industrial, without the risk of breakage or fragmentation.
The recommended dosage is between 4 - 8% more than gypsum powder. The spheres must be added to the gypsum or cement powder (dry) and mixed in order to obtain a homogeneous mixture before adding the water.
- With 4% more it is recommended to use a powder-water ratio of 1 kg: 0.35 L.
- With 8% more it is recommended to use a powder-water ratio of 1 kg: 0.40 L.